Here are some things you should think about the inside of your home:
- Clean walls, ceilings, and trim.
- Consider painting with light, neutral colours. Repair cracks and holes in the walls.
- Every room should look as spacious, bright, and warm as possible.
- Tighten loose knobs, towel racks, switch plates, and outlet covers.
- Fix tight doors and windows, squeaky floorboards, and loose stair banisters.
- Clean and repair caulking around tubs and sinks.
- Fix leaky faucets, and remove water stains.
- Clean and organize the basement and attic. (This is a good time to throw out the stuff you don’t want.)
- Organize your closets. Get rid of the clutter and limit the number of items stored overhead or on the floor.
- Clean out kitchen cabinets, and remove clutter from countertops.
- Clean drapes, blinds, and curtains.
- Shampoo carpets, and polish floors.
- Arrange furniture to make rooms appear as spacious as possible.
Step outside and take a look. Have you…
- Cut and trimmed the shrubs?
- Cut the lawn?
- Removed dead tree limbs and other yard debris?
- Brightened up the garden with fresh shrubs or flowers?
- Touched up peeling paint on doors, siding, and trim?
- Repaired and/or painted any fencing?
- Fixed damaged roof shingles and flashing?
- Cleaned your outside windows and fixed torn screens?
- Cleaned your gutters and downspouts?
- Washed the driveway and sidewalk lately, and patched any cracks or holes?
- Cleaned up the garage and shed?
- Made sure outside lights and doorbells work?